We are seeking to appoint a Planning and Building Control Administrator within a fast-paced Development Management Team in one of London’s key growth areas. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic, forward-thinking Development Management Team with a ‘best nationally’ level of performance. You will need to be able to demonstrate a keen interest or basic knowledge of town planning and/or building control, have outstanding organisation, be solutions-led and have excellent customer service skills. The responsibilities of the role are primarily related to the validation of planning applications.
Job Salary£26,000 - £30,229 plus eligibility for performance related bonus
Closing DateJanuary 31, 2024
To support BeFirst’s vison and resilience agenda by providing a consistently high quality, cost effective and customer focused Planning, Building Control and Street Naming and Numbering support services. The role will also ensure that the Planning administrative function is carried out to a high level of accuracy and to required standards.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities:
Key tasks and accountabilities are intended to be a guide to the range and level of work expected of the post holder. This is not an exhaustive list of all tasks that may fall to the post holder and employees will be expected to carry out such other reasonable duties which may be required from time to time by the Head of Development Management.
- To contribute towards the implementation of a working culture that is result-orientated, customer-focused and an ethos of ‘right first time’ service delivery.
- To undertake all duties with minimal supervision.
- To be responsible for continuous personal development by requesting and attending training when necessary.
- To demonstrate a strong commitment to the promotion of equal opportunities.
- To provide a proactive, knowledgeable Planning, Building Control and Street Naming and Numbering business support service to external and internal customers and stakeholders, meeting evolving delivery priorities, issues and challenges to agreed standards defined in the service offer.
- Undertake a full range of operational business and administrative tasks in order to support the work of the Planning, Building Control and Street Naming and Numbering service. Activities include:
- Accurate receipting, recording, and validating Planning applications
- Planning record management and maintenance
- Administration of Planning Appeals
- Administration of the Planning services email inbox.
- Overseeing receipt of payments and refunds to/from customers
- Educated to degree level
- IT literate with experience of using Word, PowerPoint and other software packages to record and manage data.
- A proven record or experience of communicating in person, by telephone and in writing in a calm, courteous and confident professional manner.
- Demonstrable understanding of the equality and diversity agenda, and experience of embedding a fair and ethical approach within a team and wider organisation
- Able to work successfully in teams
- Able to think and work proactively, “self-start” and work autonomously with the minimum of direct supervision
- Scrupulous attention to detail, particularly with regard to technical aspects of operational processes and practices, accuracy of records and reports, efficiency and accuracy around schedule and diary management
- Able to work under pressure, organise and prioritise own work and that of others, ensuring agreed programmes and project requirements are met and customer demands accommodated
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communications skills, abilities to flex communication style and approach to meet the needs of a diverse range of stakeholder groups
- Ability to prioritise under pressure
- Must have a keen interest in planning or development and a willingness to understand regulations that apply to the built environment.
Competitive salary range of £26,000 - £30,229p.a. plus company benefits including 30 days annual leave, pension and eligibility for performance related bonus.
Working arrangements are currently hybrid with one compulsory day in the office per-week (subject to change). Our office is at MAKE IT Barking, 15 Linton Road, Barking, London IG11 8HE.
Be First will review applications as received and reserves the right to end its recruitment to these roles prior to the 31st January 2024 where an exceptional candidate presents themselves.
Please submit an up-to-date CV and a cover letter of no more than 2 A4 pages setting out how you meet the requirements of the role.
You must be educated to degree level, have a keen interest in planning or development and a willingness to understand regulations that apply to the built environment. The role may suit a recent planning graduate looking to get a foot into the industry.
You must be educated to degree level, have a keen interest in planning or development and a willingness to understand regulations that apply to the built environment. The role may suit a recent planning graduate looking to get a foot into the email@example.com