We are looking to procure a number of design team consortia to a single framework Lot. Each consortium will consist of a lead architect alongside a number of sub-contracted organisations required to undertake the scope of works. The sub-contracted organisations required at a framework level includes small architecture practices, landscape architects, structural, civil and MEP engineers, and sustainability consultants.
We want to encourage micro and small architecture practices to work with Be First. We therefore require the lead architect in each consortium to actively seek relationships and sub-contract with small firms of architects (including those led by under-represented groups) who may otherwise be excluded from leading a bid for this framework.
The framework will procure design work RIBA 1-3 services with preference for the lead architect to be appointed by the main contractor for the delivery stages. It is anticipated the lead architect will be required to provide £10 million PI cover, and an annual turnover in excess of £1.5 million.
Bidding teams will be required to comply with the UK BIM framework, our Employers Information Requirements (EIRs) and Asset Information Requirements (AIRs).
- A collaborative team who work well with each other, with Be First, with our contractors and with our residents
- A diverse team who constantly seek to enhance diversity to best serve our communities in Barking and Dagenham
- Design places that the residents of the borough will be proud to live in and visit and foster a strong sense of community
- Design attractive, high-quality homes and spaces which optimise sites and create long term value through a sense of place
- Design for ease of construction and work proactively with contractors to enhance buildability whilst not losing quality
- Design to an agreed cost point and working constructively with the QS and Employer’s Agent to meet the budget whilst not losing quality
- Designing to meet net zero sustainability targets or better
We are looking to procure six contractors to a new framework to work with us to continue Be First’s exemplary housing delivery programme for the next four years. The contractor framework will consist of one Lot. It is critical that our contractors champion and have experience of using offsite components, take a collaborative approach, and support us to achieve our sustainability ambitions over the course of the framework period.
Framework contractors should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to work collaboratively with Be First and the design team to optimise quality and efficiency
- Knowledge and experience of applying offsite construction techniques
- Knowledge and experience of delivering cost effective sustainable housing developments
- Work collaboratively and transparently with Be First and the contractor’s own supply chain to optimise commercial terms, reduce risk and engage in research and development
- Maximise social value on Be First projects and the creation of jobs for local residents
Bidding contractors will be required to comply with the UK BIM framework, our Employers Information Requirements (EIRs) and Asset Information Requirements (AIRs).