We are seeking a forward thinking, pro-growth and solutions led Principal Development Management Officer to join an expanding team at Be First to take a lead on some of the largest development schemes in east London whilst also supporting and mentoring junior planners within the team.
Job Salary£44,000 - £55,000 + benefits
Closing DateMay 30, 2022
Key responsibilities will be (but are not limited to):
– To contribute to the delivery of a ‘best nationally’ planning service
– Lead on all types of development management projects including pre-application, application and appeal work, particularly in respect of complex major development schemes.
– Preparation of detailed written and oral reports and briefings, including some evening work.
– Make high quality planning assessments having regard to relevant planning policy which deliver good growth for local residents
– Manage a complex workload alongside some supervision and support of junior employees and support to senior colleagues.
– Liaise with the public, developers and a wide range of public and private bodies, providing technical and procedural advice that problem-solves and ‘adds value’.
Ideally, we are looking for an individual who:
– A recognised degree in Town Planning and sufficient post qualification experience to qualify for membership of RTPI or a related degree and ability to gain entry to course leading to a professional qualification
– Contributes to a results-orientated, customer-focused working culture that embraces a ‘right first time’ approach.
– Demonstrates relevant experience in the planning and / or development and property sector.
– Loves the built environment and recognises that good planning is not driven solely, or even primarily, by the words on a page.
– Is a motivated, self-starter with a willingness to learn.
– Has a keen attention to detail whilst being flexible and solutions driven.
– Is a team player who works effectively with others.
– Has good IT skills.
In order to apply, please submit to lauren.tipple@befirst.London by 30th May 2022 a CV supported by a covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 outlining your motivation for applying and highlighting how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the role.
Be First will review applications as received and reserves the right to end its recruitment to these roles prior to the 30th May 2022 where an exceptional candidate presents themselves.