A key aspect of the role will be working across the planning team to champion and implement our digital planning capability. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in data and digitisation and use these skills to lead and shape Be First’s Planning Monitoring Team. You will be responsible to ensure that our key monitoring functions around CIL, s106 and other key obligations are carried out in order to provide a consistent high quality, cost effective and customer focused and digitally based monitoring service. The role involves the management of two junior monitoring officers and working with external consultants where specialist support is needed.
Closing DateSeptember 23, 2022
- Ensuring we have up-to-date and accurate CIL, s106 and s278 records, and that the collection of monies and payments-in-kind is done in a timely fashion.
- Building our digital capability across all our planning business areas including Regeneration, Commercial Development & Building Control.
- Embedding and automating planning processes using – and potentially extending – our planning software, Tascomi (Idox) and Exacom.
- Leading pilot projects – e.g., with DLUHC and developing partnerships with other local authorities who are advancing their digital capabilities.
- Compiling and presenting reports tracking infrastructure, sustainability & housing delivery related KPIs in our Local Plan and the Be First Business Plan.
- Maintaining our Brownfield, Self-Build Registers, and other key statutory controls.
- Proposing and prepare business cases for, and implement initiatives and projects to, enhance our monitoring capabilities, having regard to the overall planning and development context.
- The right attitude is the most important skill. As lead officer the post holder will work with the Chief Planning Director, the GLA and consultants to develop and implement digitalisation projects.
- Digital experience desirable , but it is not essential. What is essential is an interest and commitment to digitalisation, and a willingness to come up with and follow through on innovative ideas.
- Proven track record of managing CIL/s106/s278 processes including tracking and discharging obligations with an attention to detail.
- Collaborative leadership style, proactive and committed to building a strong, result-orientated and high-performing team
- Strong analytical and communication skills, recognising and accommodating the differing requirements of different colleagues and stakeholders
- Degree educated and professionally qualified or working towards accreditation
To apply, please submit by 23rd September 2022 a CV supported by a covering letter of no more than two sides of A4 outlining your motivation for applying and highlighting how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the role. Please do this by clicking on the Apply button below or email Tim.Thomas@befirst.london (Head of Planning Policy) for an informal email@example.com