We are seeking to appoint a Head of Finance to oversee the accounting function of Be First, ensuring that accounting records are kept appropriately and that reported results comply with accounting standards and relevant legislation, and being the principle point of contact for external auditors, advisors and Be First colleagues (and Be First owner and main client, LBBD)
Job Salary£90,000 + benefits, pension, and 30 days annual leave entitlement
Closing DateAugust 8, 2022
We are looking for a Head of Finance to take ownership of the following key areas:
• Deliver an excellent accounting service including preparation of company accounts, taxation, cashflow (Be First and associated SPVs).
• Excellent cashflow management and forecasting, including the management of working capital facilities, dividends, and loan servicing & repayment.
• Board paper / Audit Committee servicing responsibilities
• Contribute towards the production of costing and pricing, budgeting, management accounts and long-term finance model (including provision of advice on costing and pricing, tax planning and investment strategies).
• Act as business partner to certain ongoing activities and projects.
• Manage outsourced operations provided by our shareholder (LBBD) on areas such as accounts payable / receivable and financial systems.
• Agree and provide the right submissions from Be First to our shareholder (e.g., for the group consolidation and carrying out reconciliations for the purpose of intra-group transactions/balances elimination.)
• Ensure Be First has fit for the future processes and procedures, strong internal control (e.g., balance sheet reconciliation, quarterly close), provision of high-quality management information and provide good value for money.
We are looking for an individual with the following key skills:
• Exceptional numerical, analytical and problem-solving skills and be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
• The ability to grasp concepts within IFRS / LG SORP / HMRC Direct and Indirect Tax and to explain it to non-finance specialists.
• The postholder will have strong interpersonal and communication skills, as well as good leadership and management abilities.
• A strong business acumen, along with the ability to influence at all levels.
The high-level competencies are also set out in a table at the end of the full job description below:
Be First Head of Finance Job Description 0622
In order to apply, please submit a CV and a covering letter outlining your motivation for applying and highlighting how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the role to BusinessSupport@befirst.london by 12 noon on 8th August 2022.BusinessSupport@befirst.london