We are seeking to appoint a Graduate Development Management Officer within a fast-paced Development Management Team which is providing a best nationally level of performance. At all levels, you will need to be able to demonstrate a keen interest in town planning, outstanding organisation, be solutions led and have excellent customer service skills.
Job Salary£28,000 - £30,000 (Grade 7)
Closing DateMay 30, 2022
Key responsibilities for all roles will be (but are not limited to):
– To contribute to the delivery of a ‘best nationally’ planning service
– Lead on a range of work related to smaller planning applications, planning appeals, Tree preservation work and answering general planning and policy queries.
– Preparation of written and oral reports and briefings, including some evening work.
– Make high quality planning assessments having regard to relevant planning policy.
– Manage a complex workload alongside the timely progression of your caseload.
– Liaise with the public, developers and a wide range of public and private bodies, providing technical and procedural advice that problem-solves and ‘adds value’.
Ideally, for all roles we are looking for an individual who:
– Contributes to a results-orientated, customer-focused working culture that embraces a ‘right first time’ approach.
– Loves the built environment and recognises that good planning is not driven solely, or even primarily, by the words on a page.
– Is a motivated, self-starter with a willingness to learn.
– Has a keen attention to detail whilst being flexible and solutions driven.
– Is a team player who works effectively with others.
– Has good IT skills.
Graduate Development Management Officer
– You will have completed a post graduate degree in planning or be working towards the completion of your 3rd year of academic study at undergraduate level in planning or a relatable academic subject seeking your first planning role.
In order to apply, please submit to lauren.tipple@befirst.London by 30th May 2022 a CV supported by a covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 outlining your motivation for applying and highlighting how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the role.
Be First will review applications as received and reserves the right to end its recruitment to these roles prior to the 30th May 2022 where an exceptional candidate presents themselves.