We are seeking to appoint an ambitious Building Control Surveyor to join our team and help grow our business by strengthening existing working relationships and develop new relationships.
Job Salary£34,000 - £51,000
Closing DateFebruary 15, 2023
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Building Control Surveyor to join our friendly and responsive team, to administer the Building Regulations and associated legislation. You will liaise with a wide range of stakeholders, working closely with builders, homeowners, architects, and developers. First class organisational skills are essential, and you must be able to keep accurate and comprehensive records. Excellent interpersonal skills are required, with the ability to communicate concisely and articulately at all levels.
• Plan Checking to assess applications for compliance with the Building Regulations.
• Carry out on-site technical assessments of building works for compliance with the Building Regulations.
• Attend dangerous structure reports during office hours and outside of office hours as part of a callout team to keep members of the public safe.
• Take enforcement action against unauthorised building work.
• Provide advice to building professionals and homeowners to help them achieve compliance with the Building Regulations
• Assist with the development of trainee surveyors within the team
Skills and experience
We are looking for an individual with –
• At least two years’ experience in a similar role and a member or, working towards membership of an appropriate body including RICS, CABE or CIOB.
• Proven technical abilities with demonstrable knowledge and understanding of The Building Regulations, The Building Act and all associated guidance and legislation.
• Commercial awareness and excellent customer service
• Ability to work well in a team environment and also effectively as an individual
• Excellent communication skills
• Professional report writing skills.
• Ability to weigh up all possible options to a problem and make considered decisions.
If you have any questions about this opportunity or would like an informal chat, please contact John Calvey, Head of Building Control on 07561 710744 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by 15th February 2023. In your covering letter, please tell us about your motivation for applying and how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the role. Please note applications without a covering letter will not be considered
Please apply to us directly. We are unable to accept applicants via agencies.