Barking and Dagenham is London’s latest creative hotspot and we’re seeking bids from organisations to run and occupy a superb new space in the heart of Barking, just a minute walk from the station.
Barking 360 is a striking new development by Nu Living under construction on Cambridge Road.
Barking and Dagenham Council will have a long lease of around 400 square metres of ground floor space with circa 4.4m high ceilings and are looking to enable a key focal facility for creative industries and artists to complement a wider package of activity across the borough.
We want bidders to bring their ideas and expertise to help us put art in the heart of Barking.
We don’t want to be too prescriptive about how the space is used. Instead we have set out some broad objectives. They are that you must:
- deliver and operate a new hub and focal point for artists and creative industries in Barking which becomes a destination facility
- generate and sustain a creative buzz and activity in the space that both creatives and other local residents can benefit from
- fit out the space so that it contributes to achieving the above
- have a viable business plan covering all running costs and generating some rental income for the Council, and
- be actively engaged in wider creative partnerships.
The space will be finished to shell and core and a fit-out budget will be provided.
It will be available from March 2019.
A full pack with plans and technical details and details of the bidding process can be downloaded here:
- 360 Barking Creative Hub Brief
- Commercial Unit – Technical information
- Floor plan showing landscaping
- Ground Floor Elevations
- Layout showing drainage
- Layout showing services
- The lease plan
- The draft lease
So, if you know where the buzz is, help us put more art in the heart of Barking. Send us your bid by 15 February 2019.