Job SummaryWe’re looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join our progressive and customer focused Development Management Team. Your duties will include the following:
- To assist with a limited range of work related to simple planning applications, planning appeals, Tree preservation work and answering general planning and policy queries.
- To assist with the collection, compilation and analysis of information on town planning and development, land use, social, demographic, environmental and economic issues where necessary for Development Management casework or Spatial Planning activity.
- To assist with compiling Development Management consultations/input into the preparation of the Local Plan and subsequent reviews of this plan.
- To assist with simple tasks on strategic planning issues and in the preparation of the Local Plan, reviews of the Local Plan and successor documents and with Supplementary Planning Documents.
- To advise the public, other Council services, landowners and developers and external agencies and neighbouring planning authorities on Newham planning issues, policies and standards, development infrastructure and other proposals for sites or local areas.
- To assist with the preparation of local area studies and area wide development frameworks, development proposals and planning and regeneration projects.
- To undertake any other duties as required, consistent with the basic objectives and responsibilities of the post. To provide technical and procedural advice and problem-solving to the public on site, in meetings, by phone or correspondence in circumstances that can be confrontational and would require an immediate response.
Closing DateMarch 30, 2020
Please email an up-to-date CV with a covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) setting out why you are interested in the role and why you believe yourself to be qualified to the following address:James.Coulstock@befirst.london