The Planning & Building Control Team has undergone significant transformational change, with the intention of delivering a commercially astute, pragmatic and professional planning super service. This role sits within Infrastructure, Transport & Planning Policy. You will deliver the full range of planning policy work on behalf of LBBD, with a heavy forward-looking and strategic focus.
This is a senior level position offering career progression. Candidates should have experience working and in a planning policy role in a local authority or consultancy setting and have obtained or near to RTPI membership
Key responsibilities will be (but are not limited to):
- Leading on spatial policy, putting in place planning policy tools that shape and deliver the Borough’s development and regeneration objectives.
- Taking the new Local Plan through to adoption, as well as mechanisms like Article 4 Directions, Local Development Orders, masterplan SPDs (etc).
- Oversight of S106/CIL collection processes and statutory monitoring eg Housing Delivery, Authority Monitoring and Brownfield register.
- Managing a complex workload alongside supervision of work to junior employees and support to senior colleagues.
- Preparation and potentially giving of evidence to Examinations in Public and at planning appeals.
- Providing policy advice, including representations to regional and central policy / legislation.
Job SalaryCompetitive salary range of £44,000 - £55,000 plus company benefits including 30 days annual leave, pension and eligibility for performance related bonus.
Closing DateMarch 3, 2021
please complete this form Diversity and Inclusion form