Job SummaryWe’re looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to join our progressive and customer focused Development Management Team. Your duties will include the following:
- To lead on all types of Development Management projects or Spatial Planning tasks as necessary including pre-application, application and appeal work. In particular to deal with the most significant and complex major developments including all pre-application and application work associated with these or the most complex Spatial Planning tasks including the creation of sound Planning policy, and appeal work including leading at Public Examinations/Inquiries.
- To prepare and present written or oral reports and briefings to the Lead Member, Cabinet, Planning Committees, Members’ Forum and other bodies, and to attend and lead meetings with Members as necessary, and to support the preparation and management of agendas and meetings as required by the Deputy Chief Planning Director
- To make high quality planning assessments drawn from a spatial policy basis having regard to the Local Plan, Regional Plans and the NPPF.
- To manage a complex personal workload, dealing with a variety of schemes or Spatial Planning tasks across the Borough, as well as the daily allocation and supervision of work to junior staff and support for senior staff and the best allocation of resources
- To liaise with a wide range of public and private bodies in order to provide the planning input to projects securing the redevelopment or improvement of land in the Borough.
- To work on conservation, listed building, ecological and tree preservation matters, and the processing of applications for works to trees.
- To provide technical and procedural advice and problem-solving to the public on site, in meetings, by phone or correspondence in circumstances that can be confrontational and would require an immediate response.
Job Salaryup to £52,000
Closing DateMarch 30, 2020
Please email an up-to-date CV with a covering letter (no more than 2 sides of A4) setting out why you are interested in the role and why you believe yourself to be qualified to the following address:James.Coulstock@befirst.london